Genelia Interview with FilmFare



Buddies she has aplenty. Boyfriend none. Genelia D’Souza asserts her single status in a breezy chat with Filmfare
One actress you’d like to exchange your wardrobe with…I can only think of Preity Zinta. She’s extremely well turned out.

One actor you’d like to work with if it were your last film.
I guess it would be the Khans – Shah Rukh, Aamir and Salman.

Would you take on the role of a lesbian?
I’m an actor and I don’t think there’s anything wrong in playing a lesbian. But it has to be done with dignity, which doesn’t exist here.


And who would you like to be cast with – Sonam Kapoor, Katrina Kaif or Deepika Padukone?
I think PC (Priyanka Chopra). She’s a lot of fun.



Who’s your favourite Hollywood star?
I haven’t yet grown away from the Tom Cruise era. I like an actor if I like the film. I won’t put up pictures of actors. I’d rather put up pictures of David Beckham.



What if you found Tom Cruise in your bed one fine morning?
(Winks) Well, I can’t share the details here. I hope I don’t pinch him to find out if he is for real.



If you were on the same flight as Rakhi Sawant.
She’s entertaining to the hilt. She is someone who stands up for the person she is. So it would be fun.



One thing you can’t survive without… 
My mobile phone! I go bonkers the day it’s missing. My phone is my best friend, it connects me with life.



What’s worse, a pimple or a paunch in a party dress?
(Laughs) A paunch in a party dress! As compared to pimples, freckles are cute.



What would you wear to the Oscars?A fairytale gown. It should be well-fitted, where a bit of my legs would also be seen.



Who would you like to go on an impromptu road trip with?
(Thinks) Since John Abraham is a crazy biker I’d love to ride with him. But he has taken off his back seat. He says he rides too fast and can’t put anyone’s life in danger. It would have been exciting to get onto that bike.



One cosmetic enhancement you’re okay with?
I’m not okay with cosmetic enhancements. I don’t understand why people in India don’t find beauty in aging. The moment you attack your face, you’ve just lost it. Like in Hollywood, age is accepted. They are beautiful in their 40s.



Is sex overrated?
Highly! It’s almost treated like a bad word and I don’t understand why.



Your first date…
I don’t remember my first date but I remember when I was in school there were these boys waiting for me with flowers and cards on Valentine’s Day. They looked so cute with their ties and innocence. I was very shy then. But I was quite popular in college. I was voted the ‘Rose Queen’. It was fun.



Your first kiss…
(Smiles) Special!



Who would you like to date from this industry?
I don’t understand why such a big deal is made out if an actor and an actress are dating. When you’re young and single, it’s okay to have fun



Whom would you like to date in a broader sense?
The weirdest thing is I’m not attracted to good looking men. Rather I love having conversations with my man. So a guy who’s got the gift of the gab will be more interesting.



Have you ever been on a blind date?
Never! I don’t think I’ll ever go on one because I’m such a control freak that I need to know who, where and when.



Who are your 4 am friends?
I have a fantastic family with whom I can share everything. My mom is someone I can go and bug anytime. She is not the typical sortWould you marry an actor?
Yes, why not?




Your favourite co-star?
I’ve had a lovely time with all. I can’t choose one. All of them have been really nice to me.



What’s the truth about your link-up with Riteish Deshmukh?
They’re just rumours. See, he’s my first co-star and a first co-star is always special. Your first co-star is always more of a friend. Riteish and I have maintained it right since our first film.



Source:Genelia D'Souza